the BIG picture on budgets, money and your responsibilities
The aim of this workshop is to provide participants with an overview of the Tasmanian State Government’s financial framework particularly budgeting and accountability.
On successful completion of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- identify the key legislation and policy statements supporting the financial framework and the budgeting and accountability processes
- identify the role and practical use of financial delegations within the financial framework
- describe the role of internal controls, particularly basic controls over the expenditure of public monies
- identify and distinguish the various sources of funds within the Public Account, and
- describe key elements of the Tasmanian Government financial framework, including the Budget process.