Department of Treasury and Finance, 21 Murray Street Entrance
Be the Best. Lead the Way. Make a Difference.
Improve the well-being of Tasmanians by providing:
- high quality advice to the Treasurer;
- best practice financial, regulatory and client services; and
- leadership in economic and financial reform.
Treasury is a values-based organisation and our decisions and behaviour are guided by the following values:
- Integrity ... as it builds confidence, trust and self respect, and is the foundation of open and honest communication;
- Excellence ... as it challenges us to give our best and brings us recognition;
- Respect ... as it recognises the value of each of us and the contribution we all make;
- Camaraderie ... as it creates a fun and supportive place to be, and
- Passion ... as it inspires us to achieve great things.
The objectives of the Department are as follows:
- that the Treasurer and other key stakeholders receive efficient and effective financial and resource management services;
- that the Government receives sound and timely economic and fiscal policy advice; and
- that statutory bodies receive high quality regulatory and revenue management services.
What we do
The Department of Treasury and Finance is responsible to the Treasurer. The Department has overall responsibility for implementing strategies to achieve the Government’s longer-term economic and financial objectives. It provides the Government with objective advice on the economic and financial management of the State, implements Government policy, performs financial analysis, monitoring and reporting functions on behalf of the Government and supports statutory bodies responsible for administering State revenue collection, the regulation of gaming and liquor, and the economic regulation of the electricity and water and sewerage sectors.
The Department of Treasury and Finance is made up of four Divisions:
Each Division incorporates a number of branches. More information on the Divisions is available in Treasury's Annual Report, on this site. Associated entities which fall under the umbrella of the Department include the Office of the Tasmanian Economic Regulator and the Tasmanian Gaming Commission.
- Economic and Financial Policy;
- Budget and Finance;
- Revenue and Gaming and Licensing; and
- Corporate Support.
(for more information see our contacts section)
- Office of The Secretary
- Budget and Finance Division
- Economic and Financial Policy Division
- Corporate Support Division
|The Treasury Building|
21 Murray Street, Hobart
- Revenue, Gaming & Licensing Division
- Tasmanian Gaming Commission
|80 Elizabeth Street, Hobart|
- Office of the Commissioner for Licensing
Civic Square, Launceston
80 Elizabeth Street, Hobart
- Office of the Tasmanian Economic Regulator
111 Macquarie Street, Hobart
More Detailed information on the Department, in the context of career opportunities within the Department, is available on the Career Opportunities section of this site.