The Commissioner for Licensing is appointed by the Minister for a period of five years under the Liquor Licensing Act 1990 .
The Commissioner is responsible for:
- administering applications for licences and permits;
- ensuring people are qualified to hold a liquor licence or liquor permit;
- granting liquor licences following a direction from the Licensing Board;
- transferring liquor licences from one person to another;
- issuing interim authorities for people to act as licensees;
- issuing liquor permits;
- administering surrendered liquor licences or permits;
- cancelling liquor permits; and
- applying to the Board for liquor restriction orders and for the cancellation and suspension of liquor licences.
The Commissioner is separate to, and independent of, the Licensing Board, may delegate his or her powers to another person and may appoint authorized officers under the Liquor Licensing Act 1990
Applications with Commissioner for Licensing
Click here for Applications with Board and Decisions