Apply for FHOG and FHBB
Applying for the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG)
To apply for the FHOG, you will need to complete a First Home Owners Grant application form.
You, or your agent, must supply supporting documentation before your application can be processed.
You should also read the First Home Builder Boost Guideline.
The State Revenue Office routinely checks information provided by applicants. Investigations - what you should know provides further details on the compliance activites carried out by the SRO.
How to lodge your application
You can lodge your application through an Approved Agent
- for an existing dwelling: at settlement;
- for a contract to build: on the first progress payment (first draw down of the loan);
- for an owner-builder: following receipt of a certificate of occupancy/completion.
The Agent will allocate the funds in line with arrangements you've made with them and should be able to tell you when funds will be available.
Alternatively, you can lodge at a Service Tasmania shop
- for an existing dwelling: after settlement;
- for a contract to build or an owner-builder: following receipt of a certificate of occupancy/completion.
When will I be paid?
The application will be processed within 14 days of lodgement and you will be advised of the outcome in writing. If you qualify, timing of the payment will vary depending on whether the home purchased is an existing dwelling or is being constructed, and whether the application is lodged through an Approved Agent or a Service Tasmania shop.