Land Tax Calculator
Find out more about rates of land tax
What types of properties in Tasmania attract a nil rate of land tax?
A land owner's principal residence land and primary production land.
How to Estimate your Land Tax Liability for 2017-18
To obtain valuation information for the property you will need to:
- Go to the LIST and select 'Properties and Titles'.
- Enter your email address and password if you have an existing account; or create a new account.
- Select Properties and Titles from the left hand menu.
- Complete a search based on information relevant to your property.
- Click on the Select Products option in the results table.
- Click on the Add to Cart link for Property Report.
- Select Valuation Adjustment Factors from the left hand menu.
- Enter your address or PID (Property Identification Number).
- Add the results to your cart.
- Select the item in you cart to review.
- Multiply the latest land value shown under the Last Valuations heading on the Property information Report by the Land Adjustment factor shown on the Valuation Adjustment Factors report.
- Enter the land value obtained in step 11 into the top line of the SRO Calculator, and click 'calculate' for an estimate of your land tax liability.
I own several pieces of land that are taxable. How do I estimate my combined land tax liability for 2017-18?
To determine your combined land tax liability you will need to complete the steps 1-7 under 'How to Estimate your Land Tax Liability' for all of your taxable properties.
Add those amounts and enter the result into the top line of the SRO land tax calculator, and click 'calculate' for an estimate of your total land tax liability.
Having calculated the total land tax liability for your combined properties, you may want to estimate the land tax liability for each parcel of land. Enter the Assessed Land Value of the property in the 'Individual land value' box and click 'calculate'.
The Land Tax Act 2000 does not provide for the apportionment of land tax to individual land. Calculations are provided for information purposes only. Please read the disclaimer and copyright notice governing the information provided.