The State Revenue Office Taxpayer Charter sets out:
- the standards of service you have a right to expect from us; and
- your rights, responsibilities and obligations as a payer of state tax.
We give the assurance that issues raised by taxpayers will be handled with equity and fairness. If you believe this has not happened, you are encouraged to follow our complaints process, set out below:
- ensure you have met your obligations under the Taxpayer Charter
- make an effort to resolve the issue with the tax officer dealing with your case;
- should you find it difficult to raise the issue with the tax officer, or you are unhappy with their response, raise the issue with their manager; and
- if the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, send a written complaint to:
The Commissioner of State Revenue
GPO Box 1374
Hobart Tas 7001
via email to email@example.com.
Objections, reviews and appeals
You have a right to lodge an objection when you are dissatisfied with tax assessments or certain decisions of the Commissioner of State Revenue (the Commissioner).
Refer to the Objection, review and appeals guideline for information on:
- how to lodge an objection;
- how to request a review of an objection determination; and
- how to lodge an appeal against an objection determination.
If your complaint is still not resolved after following each of the steps above, you can raise the matter with the Ombudsman Tasmania: