Life support concession
The life support concession provides a daily discount to eligible customers who use an approved life support system, or who live with someone who uses such a system. The current approved life support systems and their daily discounts are:
The electricity account holder must require, or live with a person who requires, an approved life support system in their principal place of residence.They do not need to quality for the annual electricity concession to qualify for the life support concession.
The approved life support systems that qualify for the life support concession are:
- Oxygen concentrator
- Peritoneal dialysis machine
- Haemo-dialysis machine
- Chronic positive pressure and airways regulator
- Respirator (iron lung)
- Combination oxygen concentrator and chronic positive pressure and airways regulator
- Continuous positive airways pressure machine
- Phototherapy machine
- Left ventricular assist device
How to apply
To apply for the life support concession:
We cannot accept and approve applications as this is the responsibility of electricity retailers.