Tasmanian HomeBuilder Grant
Tasmanian HomeBuilder Grant is a $20 000 grant available to owner-occupiers for eligible new home builds
where the contract is signed between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 inclusive.
The Tasmanian HomeBuilder Grant is not available for the substantial renovation of your existing home. However, it is available for the demolition and building of a new home under the new home limb rather than the substantial renovation limb.
Commonwealth HomeBuilder Grant
Commonwealth HomeBuilder Grant is a $25 000 grant for eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) building a new home, or substantially renovating an existing home, where the contract is signed between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 inclusive.
- Only one Tasmanian HomeBuilder Grant and one Commonwealth HomeBuilder Grant are payable for each property, even if the property changes ownership.
- The Tasmanian HomeBuilder Grant is not available if the applicant has been paid or will be paid the First Home Owner Grant for the same transaction.
- Applicants may be eligible for the Commonwealth HomeBuilder Grant as well as the First Home Owner Grant for the same transaction.
How to apply
Genuine difficulties or complications in meeting the residency requirements could mean that you discuss your situation with us. Where there are good reasons to do so, the Commissioner of State Revenue has the discretion to:
- the 12 month period in which you must commence occupying your home; or
- reduce the six (6) month period for which you must occupy your home.
Refer to the