Documentary evidence requirements

​​​​​​A Foreign Investor Acquisition Statement is required to be completed by the transferee, if the foreign investor duty surcharge is applicable.

​​Tasmanian Revenue Online agents

​Tasmanian Revenue Online (TRO) a​gents can use this form to collect information from the liable taxpayers in order to submit transactions through TRO. 

​Information required on the form can also be collected directly by your representative and entered into TRO.

​Australian citizens

Individuals (not acting in a capacity as a trustee) who are Australian citizens need to disclose to their TRO agent (or the Commissioner of State Revenue) that they are an Australian citizen. We may ask for additional evidence.

Visa holders

For individuals who are not foreign persons because they hold a Permanent Visa or a Special Category Visa, you will need to provide evidence to satisfy that you are a holder of a Visa (providing the visa number and class is not sufficient). 

Evidence may include a certified copy of your passport evidencing your Visa status or documentation obtained from the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system from the Commonwealth Department of Home Affairs.

Corporations or trusts

A corporation or trust acquiring residential or primary production property will be required to satisfy the Commissioner of 
State Revenue that it is not foreign in order to avoid imposition of the FIDS. 

A careful examination of a corporation's structure or the trust deed will be necessary and the evidence required can vary. 

Back Home